Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Beloved

This monkey-sun's rays
Play upon your beauty
But can never crown
How my heart revs,
Now a virginal blush
On that cheek so brown
Suddenly I am a cub, taken back to when
Paws on chin and heart in mouth
I was told of a nightingale
And I held in her an infantile
Mystique,
And now you're here with a
light and a song


I would take you there
But Nyet, I'm a drunk
You, a royal in your own right
So wake me if sobriety finds me
And I will bequeath you
A paradise
A field of peace and serenity
Where muses are held
Inside spheres of
the morning dews

Let me,
Teach you the ways of meadows
Show you the black jacks
So you may learn to shirk
As they grab at your sundress
Meanwhile enchant me with your
Smile,
And let's laugh at our frivolity

I will hold out the smell of
The majestic Marigold
So you may never forget the
Smell of a virgin sky,
Sight of a maize field in
granduer, where the red queleas
Make love outside their nests
Under the mid morning sun © lak'wab asis 2011 All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment