Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I MUST Contemplate This Cross

Think what you may but
I will not cross that road like an ass
They shoulda consulted first ‘cause
This black and white thing,
Is already a problem. To be segregated,
And for I to be designated
A path in front of revving killers
You see, I prefer where the cars are fast-moving
For I know and take precautions
But I don’t, Sir, like it
When your car sit there, looking at me.

I understand the 3 Series Beemer come
Heavy and low,
It complements you Sir, but see
That’s a problem for me if I was stupid
Enough to trust that ass of a beast
Cause’ your pot-belly may come in the way
And you might incidentally step on gas
And I wouldn’t want to be in the way, do I?
So I don’t, Sir, like it
When your car sit there, looking at me.

I hope you took your pills Sir, I fear most
when you look startled
I might remind you of that scalawag who did your
daughter in, by the way is it boy or girl? Lucky you!
You might do me and blame it on passion
And your overpriced lawyer will make sure
You don’t miss your morning jogs
I know we haven’t crossed each other in any way
But I can’t cross this way, hope you understand
So I don’t, Sir, like it
When your car sit there, looking at me.

You look apprehensive, Ma’am
Could it be your son’s new friends? The ones
Dressed like me? Quite obvious you don’t dig
Greasy jeans,
But mine comes from the yard down
Wish I did it up in my room or the garage.
I may trip and you might freak
That I’m coming for your side mirrors
Guilt has been known to make people paranoid
So I don’t, Ma’am, like it
When your car sit there, looking at me.

Sorry Ma’am, I didn’t notice it was LHD
And is that a red number plate? That’s your son driving?
And sorry too young Sir, but I did mean the things I said
About you and your friends
I hope you are not on PCP, now that I can see
Your eyes, your eyes! Is it the TV? Must be the gaming
Whichever, young Sir, with you
I run out of luck fast and quick, hence I don’t want
To be just another point you whack to move a level
So I don’t, young Sir, like it
When the States’ car sit there, looking at me.

© lak'wab asis 2010
All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment